March 23, 2023
Traveling to Hawaii Island
Whether you’re coming to Hawaii Island to Stay for a Visit or Stay Forever, here are some helpful guidelines for your time on our islands.
- Hawaii Island, most commonly referred to as the Big Island.
- Respect Hawaiian culture: Hawaii Island is home to a rich and unique culture, so it’s important to be respectful of local customs and traditions. This includes respecting sacred sites, using appropriate language, and being mindful of local customs.
- Stay safe outdoors: Hawaii Island offers many opportunities for outdoor activities, such as hiking, swimming, and snorkeling. However, it’s important to be aware of the potential hazards and risks associated with these activities, such as rough ocean conditions, flash floods, and dangerous cliffs.
- Be prepared for the weather: The weather on Hawaii Island can be unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for all types of conditions. Bring appropriate clothing and gear, such as rain jackets, reef safe sunscreen, and sturdy shoes.
- Support local businesses: Supporting local businesses is a great way to help the local economy and experience the unique flavors of Hawaii Island. Look for locally owned restaurants, shops, and tours.
- Rent a car or use public transportation: While Hawaii Island has a public transportation system, it can be limited. Renting a car can be a great way to explore the island at your own pace and see all the sights.
- Plan ahead: Hawaii Island is a large and diverse island with many different areas to explore. Plan ahead to make sure you have enough time to see everything you want to see and be prepared for any unexpected delays or changes to your itinerary.